e premte, 23 janar 2009
file under THE BAD:
1. There will be no Faces reunion
2. Stooges get shafted again from the Rock Hall of Fame
3. Is lord Berman / Silver Jews calling it quits?
4. Mick Harvey leaving the band
file under THE GOOD:
1. new Tortoise album this spring
2. The boss is prepping a reissue of Darkness on the edge of Town".
3. They're revamping the funky stylings of "the Electric Company"
file under OTHER:
Morrissey may be quitting music ... again.
e hënë, 19 janar 2009
e enjte, 15 janar 2009
Brethren Rob turned me on to the foodie show on BBC that deals with this guy Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstal. He's a wing nut (an ohh so british) but very entertaining. This one episode he goes into deep detail on when he slaughters his 3 pigs and all the tasty cuts (confit, chops, ribs, necks, bones, head, trotters, sausage, BACON, pates, blood sausage, etc.) he gets off of them for a massive feast. He's also an organic garden maestro but this particular episode is all about the swine. Not recommended for los vegetarianos. Really great documentary.
Brenden and Anne Marie over at Belly should really appreciate this! In case you haven't been there ... words do not describe the deliciousness and care they put into their thing (their thing being CULINARY NIRVANA). Here they are servin' us up on new years eve ...